Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Freezer to the Rescue

I remembered today why I never make Brownies.

I DONT LIKE BROWNIES.

Jack and I went to visit the family on our annual camping trip (sigh...no sleepover this year) so I decided to make something from my baking list. White Chocolate Brownies seemed like a good pick, I'm not really huge into chocolate, but I do enjoy white chocolate. I didn't have macadamia nuts so I used Oreo cookies instead.

The recipe was easy to follow, I did have some fear when I had to melt the chocolate and butter together - this usually takes 2 or 3 tries before I get it right and don't burn it. When they were done I thought they tasted like garbage and I didn't even offer them to anyone I just put them straight in the freezer (I don't know, it's like grapes, sometimes things just need to be frozen to be enjoyed properly).



FREEZER TO THE RESCUE! They tasted much better frozen and everyone loved the camping treat

2 comments:

  1. Brwonies are tricky...cook too long and they're dry...cook too short and they're squishy! They look delish though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my goodness that is so funny...

    ReplyDelete